SCHOOL LOG BOOK

On January 21st, 2011, we visited the North Yorkshire County Records Office in Northallerton.
As well as many interesting documents about the building plans for Grosmont School, we discovered microfilm of original records kept by three Schoolmasters in charge.
We have learnt that the original school building, built around 1846, was the section we are going to use for the coffee shop – amazing to realise that in January 1865 this was the school for 111 pupils!
Leonard Brooks became School Master in April 1865 and then Mr Franklin in 1877. Around the time of this third Master arriving, the addition of the larger school building (to be our home!) had been made.
Revd J. Bailey was the vicar of St Matthew’s Grosmont throughout this time and closely associated with the National School.